I currently only have books 2 and 3 of the series, and haven't been able to find book 1 for sale on its own. The books are stitch dictionaries and the patterns are complex and appear to have been designed for knitting in the round, because cables are worked on consecutive rows, which would not be a problem if you are always working on the right side. And most of the example garments shown in the book are socks.
![]() |
| It is always my pleasure to enable the relaxation of the children |
With all this help, I have been able to use these books to develop some chunky headbands for a yarn company that kindly sent me samples of some of their new yarns. We took photos of Natalie and Jen wearing four of the designs this morning. Below is the book's chart for a pattern from Innsbruck, Austria, and my slightly simplified version of the inset of that pattern on the right. Since my pattern is being worked back and forth, I modified it so that none of the tree branches start on a wrong side row, because that would just be too difficult.
I am just hoping that there are some knitters out there who will not mind cabling on the wrong side of their work. It's fun and easy, really it is...



No comments:
Post a Comment